Carbon Valley Education Committee
Carbon Valley Education Committee (CVEC)
Our “Why” (About Us)
The Carbon Valley Education Committee strives to help make our community a brighter place!
As a Chamber launched committee, we aim to develop and foster ideas that will bring local businesses and the education community together. We support the diverse education needs in the Carbon Valley area and promote meaningful relationships between the business and education communities.
To that end, we welcome input and ideas from our community
on how we can evolve to support these objectives.
Our “What” (CVEC In Action)
- Award the following monetary scholarships annually:
- The George Heath Community Impact Scholarship
- The Spindle Hill Energy Scholarship
- The Carbon Valley Chamber of Commerce Continuing Education Scholarship
- Any other scholarships the committee deems adding, whether through the committee budget or partnership with member businesses
- Plan, host and support events, such as the Carbon Valley Manufacturing Forum
- Foster and help fund work-based learning opportunities for students to work at Chamber businesses in the community
- Provide other monetary support or sponsorships to partnering organizations as the committee deems fit, based on alignment with the committee’s objectives (i.e. Up With People Jr.)
All Chamber Members are invited to be a part of this exciting Committee, meetings are the third Thursday of the month at 1:30 pm. For more information contact the Chamber office: email@example.com or 303.833.5933