MONTHLY BUSINESS CONNECTION LUNCHEON
Join us for our Business Connection Luncheon as we learn more about the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act that goes into effect on January 1, 2021
Colorado has some new legislation being enacted as of January 1st this coming year! While we know sometimes it takes some time to truly understand new laws and regulations, the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act is a big change and its impact is significant on business owners and leaders in the state of CO.
Questioning whether this session is for you - see if any of the below applies to your organization:
- The company I work for has more than 1 employee
- My compensation ranges for how I pay the employees in our company is based on where the market is, and negotiation of salary
- We hire people using job boards, we don't post our pay ranges, and instead, use the term Determined on Experience (DOE)
- When we have promotion opportunities, we have typically identified our internal candidates, offer them the position and then announce it to the rest of the team
- When looking at hiring someone new to our team, we will ask them what they have made in previous positions to help determine our offer for employment
- We don't typically use job descriptions, or we don't update them annually and analyze the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work against how we are compensating our employees
Take an hour and learn a little more about what this new law is all about.
About our Speaker:
Amanda Ericson, SHRMP-SCP, SPHR, A graduate of CU Boulder with her Bachelor’s degree, and certified in harassment investigations. Amanda has worked in the Human Resources field over 18 years. She began her career in recruiting and talent acquisition. She continued in her career working for small companies in an HR position, including a Director of HR Compliance role where she supported 200 clients with their HR compliance strategies. She has worked in a variety of industries in both the private and public sector.
Amanda has presented at many conferences and classrooms on different HR related areas, most recently focusing on healthcare reform. She has testified at the State Capitol and has lobbied on HR issues at both the State and National level. She has been interviewed for podcasts and has also been featured in HR Magazine regarding technology and talent acquisition practices.
Additionally, Amanda gives her time to NCHRA (Northern Colorado Human Resource Association) and has served on the Board of Directors for over 10 years, she is also the Director for COSHRM the state SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) council.